Lung nourishing, thirst quenching and immunity strengthening
In TCM, it is known that the lungs help the heart in blood circulation throughout the rest of the body via the ascension and descension of lung Qi. Therefore, a deficiency in lungs Qi may result in symptoms such as heart palpitation and tightness in chest, dry mouth, cough, panting and sore throat. Regular intake of the soup can also help to relieve those respiratory symptoms mentioned as well as strengthen your immunity.
1. Rinse through all the herbal ingredients once. Drain and set aside.
2. Blanch the meat pieces in a pot of boiling water with 3 slices of ginger to remove scum and dirt.
Pick the meat pieces out and set aside.
3. Add 1.5-2L of water and the herbal ingredients into a pot and bring it to boil.
4. Once the water starts to boil, place the meat pieces back into the pot.
5. Continue to simmer over high heat for 15-20 minutes before reducing to medium-low heat and simmer for another 90 minutes.
Lily bulb (Bai He), White fungus, Angelica sinensis (Dang Gui), Scallops, Glehnia Root (Sha Shen), Red dates, Solomon’s Seal (Yu Zhu)